This very readable report provides insights about the:
- educational goals of using social software tools;
- enablers or drivers within the institution, or from external sources which positively influence the adoption of social software;
- benefits to the students, educators and institutions;
- challenges that may influence a social software initiative;
- issues that need to be considered in a social software initiative.
I'd like to end this blog post with a quote taken from the study:
"When I thanked an educator, associated with one of the initiatives investigated in this study, at the end of a long day of interviews with her and her students, she said: ‘my heart is with the learners; if I know that something works for them, I want to share it with others so that other learners can also benefit; that is what we are here for - to help our learners’. This statement embodies the spirit of this study: the willingness of colleagues to share their experiences with the wider community."Quote from study author